giovedì 14 dicembre 2017

A Peaceful Christmas...


Ciao a tutti!!! Bentornati su queste pagine...oggi vi voglio mostrare il mio nuovo progetto per la Sfida del Lunedì di SIMON SAYS STAMP...che è diventato una nuova decorazione per l'albero di Natale!

Hello everyone!!! Welcome back on these pages...today I want to show you my new project for this week's Challenge over at SIMON SAYS STAMP MONDAY CHALLENGE BLOG...and  soon became a new decoration for my Christmas tree!

SIMON SAYS...CHRISTMAS/WINTER HOLIDAYS...


Non so se lo avete visto, ma QUI  potete trovare un fantastico Tutorial che il nostro amato TIM HOLTZ ha postato sul suo Blog...la versione 'Timholtziana' di una palla di neve...un villaggio innevato racchiuso in una sveglia...geniale! Quindi ho pensato di creare una mia personale versione di una scena innevata...ovviamente utilizzando i materiali a mia disposizione...
Come per il mio post precedente, Time for Icy Inspiration,  ho creato una scena invernale notturna usando sia i Distress Inks che gli Oxides...ho fatto la base partendo dal basso con D.I. Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky e Black Soot. Ho asciugato e sono ripassata con gli Oxides, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Faded Jeans e Black Soot. Asciugato ed accentuato con D.I. Stormy Sky e D.O. Black Soot, poi ripassati i bordi con D.I. Black Soot. Il solito giochino dello 'Spritz-n-Flick' e poi gocce di inchiostro bianco per simulare i fiocchi di neve.
Nel mio ultimo giretto all'HobbyShow del Garda ho trovato questa deliziosa fustella, perfetta per questo progetto! Ho ritagliato sia da cartoncino nero che bianco, utilizzando quest'ultimo solo per gli alberi innevati..una volta incollato al suo posto ho dipinto di acrilico bianco la base ed aggiunto della modeling paste per creare qua e là dei piccoli mucchietti di neve.

I don't know if you already saw it, but HERE you can find the amazing Tutorial that our Beloved TIM HOLTZ posted on his Blog...an enchanted Snowglobe Clock...genius! So I have decided to create my own version of  a snowy scene...using what I had in my stash...
As for my previous post, Time for Icy Inspiration, I have created a winter night scene using both Distress Inks and Oxides...starting from bottom to top, used D.I. Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky and Black Soot, I dried then went over with  my Oxides, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Faded Jeans e Black Soot. Dried again and enhanced with D.I. Stormy Sky and D.O. Black Soot, then used D.I. Black Soot on the edges. Time for the old 'Spritz-n-Flick' trick then few drops of white ink for the falling snow.
During my latest visit to a craft market fair, I bought this lovely die...perfect for this scene! Die-cut both from black and white cardstock, using the white only for the trees...once glued in place I painted with white acrylic paint the base and added modeling paste here and there, for the snow on the ground.


Ora è il momento di assemblare il tutto....Ho deciso di utilizzare la metà di una sfera acrilica del diametro di circa 15,5 cm e dopo averla rivestita di carta riso, ho incollato il cartoncino decorato in precedenza, ho aggiunto della paglietta, pigne decorative,  nastro e delle fustellate utilizzando le seguenti fustelle Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations: 'Mini Holiday Greens' , 'Tattered Poinsettia',  la parola 'PEACE'  del set 'Vintage Tidings' e 'Mini Snowflake Rosette'.

Now it's time to assemble the Wintery Scene...I decided to use half of an acrylic Christmas ball, diameter approx 6 inches, coated with rice paper and glued the decorated scene in place. Added some wood shavings, decorative pinecones, ribbon and die-cuts from Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations dies: 'Mini Holiday Greens', 'Tattered Poinsettia', 'Vintage Tidings' (PEACE) and 'Mini Snowflake Rosette'.

Ed ecco la mia nuova decorazione al suo posto, sull'albero...
And there it is, my new ornament in its rightful place on the tree...


EDIT: con questo progetto partecipo anche alla sfida mensile 'Winter Wonderland ' sul blog 'A VINTAGE JOURNEY' ...

I submit this project also to the monthly challenge 'Winter Wonderland' over at 'A VINTAGE JOURNEY' Blog...

E con questo è tutto...grazie per essere passati...ci vediamo alla prossima!

That's it...thank you for stopping by...see you next time!

EDIT: So happy to be on the Designer Spotlight over at SIMON SAYS STAMP Monday Challenge Blog...



Kisses&Hugs!
Simo.

12 commenti:

SewPaperPaint ha detto...

I looooooooooooooooooooove this! Oh I love it! The night scene is incredible and your elements are placed perfectly. The idea to use the half globe was perfect. I too have been trying to think of a way to recreate this project without the supplies needed. This really encourages me! Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful details. Hugs, Autumn

simo ha detto...

He he...Autumn so happy you like it! As usual you are super-sweet and kind...can't wait to see your take!!! Lots of hugs xxx

Maura ha detto...

Simona, you are downright brilliant! I love how you used half a clear ball to build your oh, so lovely winter scene into!! Every detail is luscious, and the bow at the top just seems to glow!! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome work with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

simo ha detto...

Oh Maura...my friend...your sweet words meant the world...thank you so much ! I'm so glad you like my winter scene...and, as always I have such fun with your Challenges...Huge hugs xxx

Words and Pictures ha detto...

What a gorgeous winter scene you've created in your half bauble. Glorious details and such a lovely bow to top it all off. Do come and share it with us at A Vintage Journey in our Winter Wonderland challenge too if you would like to!
Alison x
http://www.vintagejourney.com/2017/12/winter-wonderland.html

simo ha detto...

Oh...thank you Alison..so sweet of you! Of course I will...Lots of hugs xxx

A Pink ha detto...

A fabulous Christmas decoration, Simona with such a wonderful winter Wonderland scene embellished beautifully with your christmas foliage and poinsettia . Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

simo ha detto...

Thanks to you for your kind words!!!! Happy New Year! Hugs xxx

S@ndy Diller ha detto...

Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

simo ha detto...

Thank you S@ndy! Hugs xxx

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Absolutely charming - a wonderful winter wonderland!
Alison x

simo ha detto...

So sweet of you as always, Alison!!! Happy New Year dear! Hugs xxx